Saturday, May 1, 2010

Suble Voice of the Spirit


When I was a kid, I thought that the voice of God would come to me clearly and give me guidance. It wasn't until many years later that I realized that the voice of the spirit is very subtle. In fact, you may not hear it at all unless you prime yourself to hear it.

What does this "priming" process entail?

It means being open to any sign that the Universe may be speaking to you. True, constantly seeing hidden signs may pass for mental illness (so try to be quiet about your "sign seeing") but looking for such signs is the only way that you will start seeing the signs.

God (or the Spirit) speaks to us in coincidences, synchronicities. It speaks to us in the unexpected meetings, a song playing on the radio, a report on the nightly news. Although these seem like total accidents, they are not. Nothing is a coincidence in our inteconnected world (and spirits).

Sometimes, however, the Spirit's voice is louder than at other times.

A few months ago, I found out that I had to move from my apartment and I was concerned about whether I would be able to keep my two dogs. So I asked the Spirit about it. A couple of days later, I received this message from a fellow contributor on Associated Content:

Hi Christine, I just read someplace that you have two lab puppies....I have one old lab (she's 11 1/2) and at times I think there are two of her! I am a lab lover, have been for many years! I wish you a ton of kisses and fun raising two of them!!!

Notice, in particular, the last sentence: "I wish you a ton of kisses and fun raising two of them."  This was the first time that I had received a message from this contributor and the message from Spirit could not have been clearer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment