Thursday, July 22, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude

Gratitude is a very important aspect of manifesting our desires, an aspect that is neglected by most of us. That’s unfortunate, because maintaining a never ending attitude of gratitude will ensure that a never ending supply of abundance will pour into your life.


All spiritual traditions speak of the power of gratitude to transform our lives.

The Holy Bible (King James Version)

- Colossians 4:2 -- Continue steadfastly in prayer, watching therein with thanksgiving.

- I Thesallonians 5:18 -- In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus toward you.

Buddha

- Good men and bad men differ radically. Bad men never appreciate kindness shown them, but wise men appreciate and are grateful. Wise men try to express their appreciation and gratitude by some return of kindness, not only to their benefactor, but to everyone else."

- Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful".

Zen Buddhism

- Heaven in the ordinary, on the screen, in gratefulness.

Why Gratitude?

It’s important to be grateful in everything because gratitude works by the principle of “energy flows where attention goes.” If you are not grateful for what you have right now--today--and are always looking for more, your attention will be focused on what you lack. This inevitably causes lack to manifest in your life rather than the abundance that you desire.

Be grateful in everything that you have, no matter how small, and watch the abundance flow into your life.

If you are wondering how to practice gratitude, follow this advice from the Dalai Lama:

“Everyday, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can".

"Our enemies provide us with a precious opportunity to practice patience and love. We should have gratitude toward them".

No comments:

Post a Comment