Thursday, February 3, 2011

Evidence of Help from Spirit, No Matter how Small

God…


The Source…

The Spirit…

The Universe…

Whatever you choose to call the force is always there to help you in matters big and small. And the help usually comes in unexpected ways and at totally unexpected times. Case in point…

Today at work, I had a sudden desire to order a special book for my sister, a book about dying that discusses how loved ones who have passed on frequently send us signs that they are alright. The signs they send, moreover, are frequently very healing to their grieving loved once. This book also talks about the reality of near death experiences. I read this book many years ago, and I have to say that it is the best book I have ever read on this subject.

In the past decade or so, several close family members have passed away—our father, our brother, our sister, and, last year, our mother. Ever since our mother passed away, I have been trying to find this book among my many spiritual books at home without success. I also could not remember the name of the book or the name of the author.

So today, when I went on my 15 minute break, I took a book with me to read (something I seldom do at work). The book, written by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer, is called Inspiration your Ultimate Calling.

Almost immediately, on page 20 of the hardback edition, is this line about Dr. Dyer’s father: “You can select Melvin Lyle Dyer as your father.”

That’s it, I almost shouted out loud. The author’s name is Dr.Melvyn Morse. What kind of a synchronous event is this? (And don’t even get me started on the last name of “Dyer,” being the focus of Dr. Morse’s book—death and dying,) I’m getting chills just thinking about it now. (If you’re interested, the name of the book is Parting Visions, but it is out of print. I have ordered a “like new” used copy from eBay to send to my sister.

Now, here’s an unanswerable, but thought-provoking question…that morning, did Spirit know that I would need to know the name of that author later in the day and, thus, inspired me to take Dr. Dyer’s book to work with me?









No comments:

Post a Comment